Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Day 7 - Simplify and clean

Went through several videos today and things are progressing well. Have functional bombs and color bombs, even code to make them! Still getting a weird row/column bomb issue where it creates two, also a few times more are disappearing than I intend. Some things aren't creating correctly, but those may clean up as I go along. I do have a good idea of how I might be able to clean up my column/row bomb issue too.

Speaking of cleaning up, the video cleaned up the code and when it did my random column issue disappeared. I think I saw a place I had an 'i' instead of a 'j'. Why we cannot use less similar letter I don't know, but it's gone now.

I am learning more and more. I can name things in Unity and they don't have to directly align with the scripts. I did this with the area bomb, I called it adjacent bomb in the script and just bomb in the unity.

Unfortunately I discovered there is over 60 videos, not the 58 lessons, this is due to some two part videos and cleanups that add more to watch, still on track but less ahead than I hoped.

Finished part 23, getting close to half-way!

No comments:

Post a Comment