Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Day 5 - Diverging thoughts

I`m up to video 16, or 15.1. Either way its 1/4 of the way there! Mr. Taft had a setback and had to re-code a lot of his work. While he insists this is fine, it looks different enough it may make following were he is in the code harder later. 

As I go along I am thinking about how I want my final product to differ from the example. So far my differences are:

Objects arrive and refill from the bottom - arriving isn`t hard, refilling is though, I`ll have to adjust how pieces move after being used.

Can move pieces while others are falling - Debating if I want to keep the slower one move at a time approach, or being able to move multiple pieces before the board is settled. This may require blocking moves incoming or making it a null space or something, not sure yet.

Gif effects - I have found some bubble pop sprites I need to replace the current option with.

Update destroy effect - Apparently there is a built in destroy effect for sprites that unity uses. Not sure which is better but I`ll stick with what I have so that if coding later references I`ll be able to find it.

I am noting a lot more inside of the code so I know what is what later. This will be important when I make the above changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment