Thursday, September 17, 2020

Day 13 - The heat is on!

     So fun fact, I don`t do well in the heat. I moved to Texas last year and do not enjoy anything above 75 F. This week the fan for the AC broke. They say it won`t be fixed for a week while they order parts. I work well under pressure, I do not work well when hot and sweaty. It's my 13th day... are you superstitious?

    Needless to say things did not go swimmingly. Working on the UI to be able to set goals and keep track of them, first thing I run into is an issue when I wanted to scale differently, had to fiddle with the spacing a lot of make it look good on my screen, the opening screen was fine, but the rest was a mess. Finally got all of it down and then tried to play a few rounds, things didn't count correctly. It would count 2 or 3 and stop, or count all of one but none of another. The more I played the less responsive it seemed. I thought it had something to do with tags again. Hot, sweaty and frustrated after an hour and a half of chasing my tail I decided to cool off and call it a day. Let my buddy Russ (who is actually trained in this) have a look at it, apparently he was having his own issues and decided to give his a break. 

    Today I get a message he found the issue, apparently it was because I had the instructions inside of the wrong set of brackets. So simple, yet so annoying.

    Here's the progress so far! Note the goals opening page and the TINY goals on the bottom right:



    Will for sure need to have those goals larger and more prominent. But for now I feel good that I was able to get the help I needed and can continue on track. The next set of videos are long, each 30-40 minutes and several with multiple parts. Then it looks like it shortens up a bit, I`m in the meat of it now for sure. Video 44 on the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment