Thursday, September 10, 2020

Day 12+ Sounds, Lights, Action (90% of the work left to do)

 Part way through video 43. Creating the level goals. Its a two-parter that was being a pain in the ass. I wanted a vertical layout, the video only did horizontal. Gotta keep in mind that this is more for my learning than my final project. 

It now plays music when it starts and makes bubble pop noises when matches are made! 

Personal note; get better videos!

I know I`m late posting. I spent many hours fighting my work, checking the codes, consulting with colleagues. They said it should work to change the layout. It should be as simple as changing from vertical to horizontal. I should know how to spell VERTICAL correctly. 

To Do:

Change to horizontal layout - Find better pictures for goals - Pirate Coins?

Add lots of sounds - Bomb explosions, shuffles, 

Modify sounds and destroy so they go in series instead of instantly. This might be very tricky as it may require me to rewrite how the code identifies dots to be destroyed. HOWEVER I did note that back in that section there was an option to have Unity do the work for destroying, which might be better in the long run as I want the destruction to have animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment