Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Day 14 - Dealing with the Perfection Demon

    Finished video 46 - That makes me almost at the 3/4 done with the videos. On course, though video 47 promises to be a long one.

    Had a bit of a panic attack this last week. Maybe its the heat and humidity, though they swear they`ll be here in the next two days the doors in my house have already swollen from the humidity to where some do not close well. I had apparently harmless mole removed from my ear Monday, though it had all the trademarks of cancerous, doc looked at it and said it was benign in a few seconds. Finished binge watching a good series and having that existential crisis that all great finales bring. I suppose crappy endings spare us that.

    Maybe it was because of the anxiety I feel when I imagine what I want this game to turn out as. Scratch that, its definite that. All just me doing it to myself. Always have lofty plans and ambitions but get disappointed when my grand plan doesn`t play out as I imagined. This is what I am literally doing this for, so I can just complete a project, get some experience and see what I can do and keep the Perfection Demon from ruining it. Deep breaths. 

    Finally finished the videos on goals and on end game conditions. Some notes:

- Need to change the 'levels' language to 'voyages'

- Need to create a speed gauge which will determine the length of the voyage

- Voyages will also have a timer value, arriving late will result in lesser rewards and promotions.

- You don`t loose when timer or on a move counter, just if you manage to sink. 

    I could go on, but that's enough for the moment. I mean all the art needs redoing (Damn you Perfection Demon!)

    Russ says he knows a video tutorial for a nice water effect, that`ll come in handy when I`m doing the bilge pumping. So many water animations. 

Anyways. Now the game recognizes when you win or loose and cuts to another screen when you do. Check it out:

Loss


Win!


I refuse to apologize for my choice of music.

    Fair weather and fine sailing me hearties!

No comments:

Post a Comment