Sunday, October 11, 2020

Day 20 - Setbacks with the scripts

😡😠😟😞😐😆😌  Well it was bound to happen. Having to go back a version as the last one really screwed things up. Watching part 50 (video 56) there were a lot of changes not only structurally but to the code itself. Something got messed up, making a single move clears the board, I was able to track down the issue with debug logs but that didn`t clear it up further.

So now I`m back to last weeks version and will run a test after each change to see what it was that caused the issue in the first place. Hopefully I can find it, and either avoid making the error again or change it to work. Really need a working game so that I can watch the next videos and get the most out of them. I haven`t been idle in this time however, I have been working hard on some ideas! 

The current puzzle pirates is just a simple pirate game, the titles and awards mean little. In my version titles come with the ability to make rules and edicts for other players, everything from setting taxes to awarding titles and even waging war on other companies and nations! Still fleshing out details but it should be fun. 

I also found that I like doing art again, found a simple art app and have been doodling away so I can better express what I want things to look like in a final project. Here's a sketch of what I`d like the game board to look like: 


UPDATE: An hour and a half redoing work and checking over each and every change with test cases and now everything is working. The only thing that I didn`t do was the second change as it caused things not to match at all on vertical moves.

Now it works....kinda just wished I`d left well enough alone but hey, its cleaner and less messy! Now onto some fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment